Thank you for a wonderful Reunion Weekend!
Reunion 2014 Top 10 Highlights
- Approximately 4,000 alumni, family and friends converged on the Hilltop for four days of reliving their Georgetown past and catching a glimpse of Georgetown’s future. President John J. DeGioia hosted numerous receptions and discussions throughout the weekend, including Friday’s Welcome Home Luncheon featuring Mary Callahan Erdoes (C’89), chief executive officer of J. P. Morgan’s asset management division.
- Reunion classes collectively raised more than $76 million. See which classes took home this year’s Cups.
- More than 17 family-friendly events were offered for alumni with children of all ages, including Storytime at Alumni House, hosted by Theresa DeGioia (C’89), wife of Georgetown’s President John J. DeGioia, and the All-Class Family Picnic, featuring an obstacle course, Safari Bingo and Jack the Bulldog!
- More than 12 tours throughout the weekend crisscrossed campus and D.C., including walking tours of dormitories and a tour of the National Archives that included Georgetown-related artifacts!
- Four alumni active in the entertainment industry joined the Hoyas in Entertainment panel to offer their perspectives on how lessons learned on the Hilltop can influence and their careers today in an ever-changing field.
- Programs inspired by the University’s Catholic and Jesuit heritage provided an opportunity to attend an All-Class Mass or individualized class masses; to revisit The Problem of God with Rev. Otto Hentz, S.J. (H’66); address the timeless challenge of decision making from a Jesuit perspective with Fr. Joe Lingan, S.J.; and have a healthy discussion around the Church in the 21st Century with Fr. Kevin O’Brien, S.J.
- Alumni couples who met on the Hilltop attended a special champagne toast in their honor at our Love on the Hilltop event.
- Georgetown legend Jan Karski (G’52, H’83) was recognized with a special event celebrating the impact that he had on his fellow colleagues and students during his time on the Hilltop.
- More than 90 events were held on campus over the weekend.
- School of Dentistry alumni attended a continuing education lecture, toured the Dental Legacy Project and mingled at a dinner reception hosted by the Georgetown University Alumni Association.